Subject: Re: Alpha
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 13:22:13 -0400 (EDT)

Tim

That Pentium alpha system is available through DEC also and its called the 
AVANTI.  It consists of a motherboard with no processor.  The processor is
added by way of a daughterboard.  AS a customer you can purchase either the
INtel version or the alpha version.  As is the case with most designs that 
accomadate more than one processor there are compromises on the motherboard,
like cache design, memory paths, etc.  ScreamerNET on the alpha NT COBRA 275
is available now from CARRERA COMPUTERS and the full Lightwave port should 
be available shortly.  It might behove you to consider an alpha NT platform
with no motherboard design compromises.                  
ABout 3D studio -I agree with you.  ANimator PRO is a must have.  Also at
my 3D STUDIO users group I saw the new XAOOS tools IPAS routine called 
PENELLO -It blew me away. It cost's about 1K$ but its well worth it.  ALL 
kind of animated painterly effects can be acheived -amongst many other things.

'
If you want more info, drop me your fax!

ALEX IMBASTARI
CARRERA COMPUTERS